Sunday, November 1, 2009

fix you

There comes a point when college kids close the books and find themselves opening up their little shop of horrors. The ever celebrated event called Halloween. Hello trick or treat: whimsy and whore-ish costumes. Bottles upon bottles of magic juice and Goodbye any sense of responsibility. For me, my costume let my fears away and let me become something else for two nights, until finally coming back to me. Even though my costume never came off, my feelings and my friends came back. I had to wonder, in every day life, are our actions really just us wearing a costume?
What hides behind our actions is feelings, the truest of them, nothing fake: no pushed anger against others. Underneath the many wraps of our personality lies the love we share for others. And even for the most cynical of people, lies love. I realized I love this boy. Faced with the fear of losing him, the feeling, that sense that you would give your life, your blood, your insides away so that this person can continue on. pushed me forward, into another area of my life and made me realize that I, me, Darnell can care for others.

I have a best friend. I have someone who will accept me for whatever I choose to do in my life.
I have someone who has changed me. I have someone who has brought me back to life.
I have adventure. I have respect.
I'm so lucky, privileged, and fortunate.

And with the promise to move life forward, I feel like myself more than ever knowing I have someone there to lean on. And to have someone make my life so exciting, challenging, and significant..

Well that's just fantastic.

destination unknown

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment