Thursday, November 5, 2009

delayed devotion

this is my last letter on how you touched my life.

"You've moved forward. I accept that. I've forced myself to. You've been the greatest friend to truly move my life forward. I'll always remember that. This place I am right now though is truly heartbreaking. I'm torn apart. For more than two months, I tore myself apart trying to gain your attention. Something. Anything. Finally, faced with the ultimate, and clearest rejection, I stand humiliated. I let you go. I let you go into the arms of someone who managed to grasp your attention within a matter of days. Probably hours. And I sit here. Alone.

I feel like I was only used as your stepping stone. Your ego boost. And now, I feel you share the opportunity to blow it my face. You knew how I felt about you. And you leave me here, while you tell the world how your life is changed. I've changed. And I don't know how to go back to where I was. I feel so used. Worthless. And I know that tomorrow, I will pull myself up and continue on with my life. With you by my side. Is that the worst part? Or the best?

You don't know what to say. I know you're not sorry. You've pulled me down, you've brought me up, but worst of all you've torn my heart apart, and you don't realize this.

It was my fault. I held on to nothing. For far too long.. It was my mistake.


Now, I'm ready to move on. But I need you to know this. My life was truly changed because of you. And for all of that, thank you.

Now you sit confused, but in the same place as before--a friend.

You'll never read this. But it's my final letter to you."






Now I'm ready to move forward. Destination unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment